We Hire the Best to Deliver the Best
We hire and train the best environmental education instructors.
Our staff members earned college degrees in areas such as biology, conservation, forestry, environmental studies, geography, psychology, education and recreation. This diverse group of educators enjoy the high-energy, action-packed environment of working with students in our outdoor camp setting. We choose our instructors for their demonstrated ability to exemplify the YMCA core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, respect and faith.
All of our staff:
- Pass a mandatory drug test and background check
- Complete a two-week initial training before working with students
- Participate in ongoing training on safety, continuing education and team building
- Receive evaluation and coaching for continuous improvement
- Maintain certifications in CPR, First Aid and AED