LEARN FROM HOME
You can keep the learning going even when school's out! We worked with youth experts from across our branches to collect the best online resources for your children:
- The Y partners with READ Charlotte and is happy to share their resource center on how to keep your kids connected and learning while out of school.
- Scholastic Learning - Even when schools are closed, you can keep the learning going with these special cross-curricular journeys.
- Funbrain - Funbrain offers hundreds of games, books, comics and videos that develop skills in math, reading, problem-solving and literacy.
- Nasa Kids Club - Find games of various skill levels for children pre-K through grade 4. These games support national education standards in STEM -- science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Virtual Fieldtrips - Over 50 Virtual Field Trips Zoos, Aquariums, Countries, Museums & More. Enjoy free virtual field trips with the kids.
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Library - Reading and digital resources at your fingertips.
- The Kennedy Center – LUNCH DOODLES with Mo Willems!
- PBS Kids - Offering bilingual, engaging games, a drawing tool, and a parent section with tips on child engagement.
- Walt Disney Imagineering partners with Khan Academy to bring you ‘Imagineering in a Box.’
Looking for some worksheets for your Preschooler or some cool STEM activities for school-age kids? We have created a series of worksheets and activity guides just for your family!