BEAT THE BOREDOM
9 Tips to Beat Teen Boredom
- Keep up with your coursework. When school starts again, you want to be sharp. Maintain good communication with your teachers/professors and be sure to submit your online assignments on time.
- Read a book for fun or listen to one online. Audible is streaming now. You can even get started on your college summer reading list.
- Group stream. Choose a series, documentary, or movie on your favorite streaming service and binge watch it at the same time with your friends. Connect via videochat or other group telecom platform to discuss live or start a group chat for comments.
- Learn a language. Apps like DuoLingo have cool ways to pick up the basics of many languages including Spanish, French, Italian and many others. Challenge your friends to reach the highest language score on the app!
- Go to a museum, virtually! The Smithsonian Museum of Natural History and the Guggenheim Museum host online tours that you can view on your smart phone.
- Bring out the board games. If you are inside with your family, challenge them to a few rounds of Connect Four, Clue, Scrabble or Uno. Pick your favorite classic game.
- Get creative. Remember when you wanted to be the next great painter? Dust off those art supplies and start creating, draw, write or make music. This is the perfect time to explore a new hobby or to renew your interest in an old one.
- Help your family. Show them you care by lending a hand around the house. Ask them if there is anything you can cover that will make their days a little easier.
- Stay calm and find your center. Check out the Virtual Y’s online yoga classes, or meditate. Remember to breathe.