You can keep the learning going even when school's out! We worked with youth experts from across our branches to collect the best online resources for your children:
- The Y partners with READ Charlotte and is happy to share their resource center on how to keep your kids connected and learning while out of school.
- Scholastic Learning - Even when schools are closed, you can keep the learning going with these special cross-curricular journeys.
- Funbrain - Funbrain offers hundreds of games, books, comics and videos that develop skills in math, reading, problem-solving and literacy.
- Nasa Kids Club - Find games of various skill levels for children pre-K through grade 4. These games support national education standards in STEM -- science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Virtual Fieldtrips - Over 50 Virtual Field Trips Zoos, Aquariums, Countries, Museums & More. Enjoy free virtual field trips with the kids.
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Library - Reading and digital resources at your fingertips.
- The Kennedy Center – LUNCH DOODLES with Mo Willems!
- PBS Kids - Offering bilingual, engaging games, a drawing tool, and a parent section with tips on child engagement.
- Walt Disney Imagineering partners with Khan Academy to bring you ‘Imagineering in a Box.’
- Engage your children in learning at home with fun, educational activities inspired by Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang.
- The National Association for the Education of Young Children is a great resource for your preschooler and has been a place the Y has turned to enhance and expand our knowledge and skills for classroom activities.