KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
In accordance with state and local guidance, we have expanded programs and services for members. You’ll have access to curated outdoor and indoor group exercise classes and indoor fitness offerings, some of our indoor pools, as well as youth programming.
Statewide and national reciprocity programs grant you access to any YMCA facility across both North Carolina and the entire United States. Just present your active membership card at any participating YMCA. Some restrictions apply. See branch for details.
Member rates for programs continue to be honored for YMCA of Greater Charlotte members only.
Plan Ahead - What Should You Know and Bring?
- Check your branch’s current hours. Visit our branch directory, select a branch and click on the Hours of Operation tile.
- Mask Requirements: In accordance with local regulations, all members visiting branches within the city of Charlotte or Matthews are required to wear masks while indoors. This requirement currently only applies to branches located within Charlotte or Matthews. For other branches, masks are not required in our health & wellness spaces though we ask that you continue to wear a mask if you aren’t vaccinated or if you wish to wear one as a personal safety measure.
- Dress appropriately before you arrive. Locker rooms are open and accessible at all branches.
- Please bring the personal items you need (a mat, towel, water bottle, etc.) and a face covering if you are visiting our childcare areas or if you aren’t vaccinated.
- Bring your phone. Reservations are required for group exercise and some pools. You will be required to show your reservation on the YMCA app. Need some help? Watch our tutorial video.
- Wipe down equipment, weights, mats, etc. before and after use with the cleaning materials provided.
- Y-Kids drop-in childcare services are open at select branches. Find a branch and reserve your child’s spot.
- Thinking about joining, visiting with a member or visiting on your own? Check out our Guest Passes page for the most up-to-date guest information!
- Please stay home if you’re sick or don’t feel well. The CDC and state public health officials encourage seniors and members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, to stay at home.
Beginning this April, we will offer hot yoga again at select branches. See below for all the information you will need to enjoy your experience.
- Branches offering hot yoga in April:
- Brace Family YMCA
- Dowd YMCA
- Sara's YMCA
We are excited to offer racquetball by reservation at the Dowd and Lowe's YMCAs. See below for all the information you will need to enjoy a successful round of racquetball.
- Reservations are required to play. Please visit the YMCA App to reserve your time slot. All time slots are 50 minutes to allow for court and area cleaning in between reservations.
- All players must bring their own equipment. No racquets, balls or goggles will be available for rental.
- Courts are open for single play only.
- Please lock bags when possible in a day use locker.
- Bleachers or any seating areas are unavailable at this time.
We are excited to offer pickle ball at the Keith Family YMCA. See below for all the information you will need to enjoy successful pickle ball gameplay.
- Set times will be established by the branch team for play in the gymnasium. There is no reservation system for pickle ball.
- Members may bring their own paddles. All equipment (balls, paddles) must be sanitized between each game. Sanitation stations are available in the gymnasium.
- Players may not share equipment.
- Singles and doubles play is allowed.
- No high fives or hand shaking at the beginning or end of games.
We are excited to offer access to our basketball courts. See below for all the information you will need to enjoy successful gameplay.
- Branches will set times for:
- Family Shoot Arounds (Families can secure blocks of time to shoot around or play basketball games on a half court.)
- Youth and Teen Play (10-15 years of age)
- Adult Play (16 years of age and up)
- 5 v 5 basketball returning to branches. Reservations are required for all participants.
- Times and days of basketball availability are unique to a branch and will vary. Check with your branches reservation schedule on the YMCA app.
Helping to Keep You Safe
Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our team and our members, families and participants. We are ready to prioritize your safety through the following precautions:
- Requiring all YMCA team members to wear masks.
- Enhancing sanitization of equipment, surfaces and areas combined with an increased frequency of cleaning.
- Adjusting hours to facilitate enhanced deep cleaning
- Creating stations for hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes
- Focusing on “no touch” or “low touch” interactions
- Implementing new COVID-19 education, training, and protocols for our team members.