KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
In accordance with state and local guidance, we have expanded programs and services for members. You’ll have access to curated outdoor and indoor group exercise classes and indoor fitness offerings, some of our indoor pools, as well as youth programming.
At this time with reduced capacity, our YMCA facilities are open to YMCA of Greater Charlotte members and any member of a North Carolina YMCA association through Statewide Reciprocity.
Member rates for programs continue to be honored for YMCA of Greater Charlotte members only.
Plan Ahead - What Should You Know and Bring?
- Check your branch’s current hours. Visit our branch directory, select a branch and click on the Hours of Operation tile.
- Before entering a Y facility, you will be asked five health screening questions.
- Please wear a face covering at all times while indoors. Masks are not required outdoors as long as six feet of distance is maintained. Medical exemptions will not be permitted and proper mask usage (covering both the nose and mouth) is required.
- Dress appropriately before you arrive. Locker rooms are open and accessible at all branches.
- Please bring the personal items you need (a mat, towel, water bottle, etc.) and a face covering.
- Bring your phone. Reservations are required for group exercise and some pools. You will be required to show your reservation on the YMCA app. Need some help? Watch our tutorial video.
- Adhere to the physical distancing requirements by keeping at least six feet away from others whenever possible.
- Expect reduced capacity. To ensure proper social distancing, areas and classes will have a limited capacity.
- Wipe down equipment, weights, mats, etc. before and after use with the cleaning materials provided.
- Y-Kids drop-in childcare services are open at select branches. Find a branch and reserve your child’s spot.
- Please stay home if you’re sick or don’t feel well. The CDC and state public health officials encourage seniors and members of vulnerable populations, including those with underlying health conditions, to stay at home.
Beginning this April, we will offer hot yoga again at select branches. See below for all the information you will need to enjoy your experience.
- Branches offering hot yoga in April:
- Brace Family YMCA
- Dowd YMCA
- Sara's YMCA
We are excited to offer racquetball by reservation at the Dowd and Lowe's YMCAs. See below for all the information you will need to enjoy a successful round of racquetball.
- Reservations are required to play. Please visit the YMCA App to reserve your time slot. All time slots are 50 minutes to allow for court and area cleaning in between reservations.
- All players must bring their own equipment. No racquets, balls or goggles will be available for rental.
- Courts are open for single play only.
- Please lock bags when possible in a day use locker.
- Bleachers or any seating areas are unavailable at this time.
- Masks should be worn at all times even when on the court and engaged in play. Proper mask usage (covering both nose and mouth) is required.
We are excited to offer pickle ball at the Keith Family YMCA. See below for all the information you will need to enjoy successful pickle ball gameplay.
- Set times will be established by the branch team for play in the gymnasium. There is no reservation system for pickle ball.
- Members may bring their own paddles. All equipment (balls, paddles) must be sanitized between each game. Sanitation stations are available in the gymnasium.
- Players may not share equipment.
- Singles and doubles play is allowed.
- No high fives or hand shaking at the beginning or end of games.
- Masks should be worn at all times even when on the court and engaged in play. Proper mask usage (covering both nose and mouth) is required. When games are completed, members should not linger in the space.
We are excited to offer access to our basketball courts. See below for all the information you will need to enjoy successful gameplay.
- Branches will set times for:
- Family Shoot Arounds (Families can secure blocks of time to shoot around or play basketball games on a half court.)
- Youth and Teen Play (10-15 years of age)
- Adult Play (16 years of age and up)
- 5 v 5 basketball returning to branches. Reservations are required for all participants.
- Times and days of basketball availability are unique to a branch and will vary. Check with your branches reservation schedule on the YMCA app.
Helping to Keep You Safe
Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our team and our members, families and participants. We are ready to prioritize your safety through the following precautions:
- Enhancing sanitization of equipment, surfaces and areas combined with an increased frequency of cleaning.
- Adjusting hours to facilitate enhanced deep cleaning
- Creating stations for hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes
- Focusing on “no touch” or “low touch” interactions
- Requiring our team members, members and program participants (age 5 and older) to wear a mask at all times while indoors, and also outdoors if within six feet of anyone not living in the same household. Medical exemptions will not be permitted and proper mask usage (covering both the nose and mouth) is required.
- Reducing capacity and redesigning some areas to maintain physical distancing practices and creating one-way indoor traffic patterns. Also, where possible we will maintain single entry and exit points.
- Implementing new COVID-19 education, training, and protocols for our team members.