Welcome to Preschool Central at the YMCA!
Preschool Central is your one-stop information center providing all the details and information you need so you’ll know what to expect and your child will be prepared for a wonderful year of learning and growth. You will also find updated COVID-19 precautions that will help keep our preschoolers and staff healthy and safe. We strive to create a worry-free experience where parents feel secure about their children in our care. We’re excited to nurture and teach your child at preschool this year!
Parent handbooks and other resources for the 2021-2022 school year will be added to Preschool Central in early summer, so check back for updates!
This will be your go-to guide for everything you and your Preschooler need to know to be prepared and have an awesome Preschool experience! Check below for your branch's Parent Handbook.
Each child will need to bring a healthy snack, lunch and a drink to school daily. Please send items in child size, self-serve portions. We will not have a refrigerator or microwave for student use. Please use an ice pack if needed.
We are a Peanut Free Zone for the safety of all that use our classrooms both with the preschool, afterschool and additional child programs. Please refrain from sending peanut and nut related items in your child’s snack and lunch for the safety of all children.
While the YMCA of Greater Charlotte is committed to be a peanut allergy friendly facility, we cannot guarantee that peanuts will not find their way into our facility. We ask that you continue to take every precaution to protect yourself and your children from unwanted exposure to peanut allergens.
The monthly tuition is due on the fifteenth day of the month and begins August 15. Late payments will incur a $25 late fee. Payments not received by the 25th of the month prior to service will result in discontinued preschool for you child.
- Payments need to be set up at the Sales & Service Center during time of registration.
- Tuition may be paid in the form of credit/debit card or bank draft. Insufficient Items If a draft or charge is returned due to insufficient funds payment in cash, money order, or a credit/debit card along with a $25 returned draft fee is to be paid at the Member service desk.
- Enrollment in the preschool program requires payment of each month’s full tuition whether or not the child attends classes.
- Refunds are not given for days missed due to illness or vacation.
- Consideration will be given due to extenuating circumstances, based on individual situations, and at the discretion of the Preschool Coordinator and Family Services Director.
Financial assistance is given through our My Y Pricing program, making preschool affordable for all. Please see our Sales and Service team for more information concerning the My Y Pricing program.