The Dowd YMCA parking deck is located at 500 Lexington Avenue.
- There are two deck entrances located on Lexington Avenue and Templeton Avenue.
- Pull up to access control and push button for ticket. This ticket allows you 3 HOURS of parking with no further action required.
- If you exceed 3 hours, take your ticket to the Dowd YMCA Sales and Service desk to be validated.
PARKING DECK ACCESS CONTROL FAQs AND INFORMATION
HOW DO I GET INTO THE DECK?
- Pull up to access control off of Templeton or Lexington Avenue entrance
- Push button for ticket. This ticket allows you 3 hours parking with no further action
- If you exceed 3 hours, you will need to take your ticket to the Sales and Service desk to be validated
WHAT HAPPENS IF I LOSE A TICKET?
- The Sales and Service Center can issue a new ticket in exchange for logging your information. This ticket can be utilized for getting out of the deck
- If you’re already on your way out, use the intercom at the exit gate to call our front desk. In exchange for your information, they can let you out of the deck
WHAT SAFETY MEASURES DO YOU HAVE IN PLACE?
- Very good surveillance coverage via cameras
- Emergency call stations at the entrance to the stairwell on each floor
- Security Staff on site to walk you to your vehicle at any time upon request
- Security staff who periodically walk and drive through the deck
- Access control
To ensure our parking is reserved for individuals while actively using the facility, we will be increasing our surveillance of the lot and towing vehicles of individuals who are not in the facility. Dowd parking cannot be used for:
- Event parking (this includes Carolina Panthers football games)
- Park and commute
Please also note our proximity to public transportation. The Light Rail Carson Street Station (1 block) and the bus stop for Route 19 are located right across Morehead Street from the Y. We also encourage you to fill our bike racks.