Join the Mission - Become a YMCA Volunteer
TRANSFORMING COMMUNITIES ONE LIFE AT A TIME
Every YMCA volunteer matters. Volunteering with the Y doesn’t just make the lives of others better, it changes yours, too. When you volunteer, you discover a sense of belonging as you work alongside others for a common cause. The Y is more than a gym or a fitness center or meeting space - we are a community that transforms lives.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Special Shout -out
If you work for a Matching Gift Company, it is getting close to time to submit for your Volunteer Hours Match too! Contact your HR department to find out how to submit your Volunteer Hours Match Grant to make your volunteer time go even further through a financial gift from your company!
- Event Help:
- Reindeer Romp: area. The Y’s signature event is a family friendly race that promotes fun, healthy living and is a favorite holiday tradition. Volunteers are needed in a variety of capacities, sign up online at: https://ymcacharlotte.volunteermatters.org/project-catalog/258
- Frosty 5k: The Frosty 5k Run is a 3+ mile run and youth 1-mile fun run . This fundraising event will help us support the Lincoln County community by providing much-needed programs to families that need them. Volunteers will assist with check-in/registration, set-up, course monitoring, water stop and start/finish line assistance. https://ymcacharlotte.volunteermatters.org/project-catalog/370
- Food Shares: Each month, in partnership with Loaves & Fishes, we hold Food Share events to pass out food to community members in need. We upload our Food Share dates monthly for volunteers to sign up for at:
- Y Readers Program Preparation Help: The YMCA of Greater Charlotte started Y Readers to address this critical community need by providing high-quality literacy instruction and individualized attention to students who are in jeopardy of slipping through the cracks. The YMCA reading program provides the additional support students need to gain self-confidence and be proficient in reading by the end of third grade. Volunteers are needed and will assist our staff with various administrative activities as part of the Y Readers program. These volunteers will help behind the scenes with sorting and labeling library books and making items such as cue cards. Sign up online here.
- Winter Basketball Coaches: Our Winter Basketball season is just around the corner and we are looking for Coaches and Assistant Coaches for our Youth Basketball Leagues. To check out these opportunities, visit:
Become a Volunteer
For Social Responsibility
Join a Community Project
Volunteering is important to the YMCA. We offer a variety of meaningful ways to give back through the Y. Pick your passion and a location that works for you.
Coach Youth Sports
Coaching provides a unique opportunity to instill positive values and help kids develop healthy habits that extend beyond the playing field. The Y offers coaching opportunities for a variety of sports.
Help Raise Funds
When you fundraise to support kids, adults and families who need us most, you create opportunities for everyone in our community to thrive.