Thank You for Serving
We understand that military families are under enormous strain. The Y proudly offers discounted memberships to eligible military families and personnel to provide extra support during a time when loved ones are away from home. It’s our way of giving back to those who dedicate themselves to serving our country.
Who is eligible for membership?
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
- Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty.
- The service member is deployed for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders—NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
- The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
- Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)
What do I need to do?
- Contact Military OneSource by using the link to the right or call 800-342-9647.
- Military OneSource will confirm your eligibility and send you an an eligibility form.
- Decide which will be your primary YMCA branch location using our online branch locator tool.
- Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation
(usually, your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to your primary YMCA branch for verification.
- Email forms to Military@YMCACharlotte.org. Please do not leave copies of these documents at the YMCA branch.