Diversity and Inclusion - DIG Committee
CHAMPIONS OF DIVERSITY
The Diversity, Inclusion & Global (DIG) Committee is composed of volunteer board members and Y staff that advise and support the YMCA of Greater Charlotte in the development of DIG strategies by:
- Serving as subject matter experts
- Championing diversity, inclusion and global processes and behaviors throughout all levels of the organization
- Ensuring infrastructure and measurements are in place to monitor and achieve set goals
- Elevating DIG awards and recognition events
- Supporting work that embeds DIG best practices into our Y's everyday way of doing business
- Holding the Y accountable to being "For All"
Employee Resource Groups
For Social Responsibility
African American Resource Network
The YMCA of Greater Charlotte African American Resource Network addresses the need for retention & recruitment, bridge building and culture & awareness for team member and volunteers that identify as African American and/or Black. This employee-led network seeks to provide a space for support, networking, and personal & professional development for the advancement of Black people within the YMCA movement.